Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Woah!

Who knew so many would respond! I have to address these here.

You mean, I'm not theonly one who vacations in Ohio!? LOL. My husband took me to Ohio for our anniversary in August - fun to tell people you celebrated your anniversary in romannnnnnntic... CLEVELAND!

Woah, that is romantic, I myself, have never been to Cleveland- I'm a Columbus girl.

Okay - I'm a sucker for these things.4 jobs: attorney, paralegal, grocery store cashier, KFC employee4 places lived: Seattle, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Columbus, OH (YES - I visit OH for vacations too!)4 vacations: Vietnam, Argentina, Hawaii, Europe4 favorite foods: brownies, pizza, sushi, pasta (all varieties)4 places I'd rather be: home (instead of at work), Hawaii, Denver (visiting my sisters), Columbus, OH (visiting my dad and friends)

Haha Anna! You worked at KFC? I bet it was in Ohio! What did you
do there? You know, my BFF and I call that Kentucky Fried Kids, oh wait, no
that was the KinderCare next door to the KFC. But Martha knows all about
KFC, she lives next door to a BRAND NEW ONE. Applications anyone?

4 jobs: leadership development trainer, home study consultant, florist, grocery store bagger4 places lived: Texas, Florida, Iowa and Texas again4 vacations: Hawaii, Europe, Mexico, Colorado4 favorite foods: red wine, chocolate, turkey dinner, frog-eyed salad4 places I'd rather be: at Lake Austin Spa relaxing, Sitting by a fireplace in the mountains reading, Snuggling with Sabrina and JT, at our new house! ;)

What the hell is a Frog-Eyed Salad? :)

Thanks Friends, keep 'em comin!


2 comments:

AnnaK said...

Oh yeah - back in the day, we called it Kentucky Fried Chicken (before the national health craze hit and McDonald's got sued for making people fat) and I wore the full on polyester uniform. Needless to say, I don't eat the food now and I don't like the smell of fast food in general (although I do indulge from time to time). My snobby friends used to come in and take pictures of me while I worked. NICE! Glad that was pre-internet...

Katie Eaton Photography said...

Title: Famous Frog Eyed Salad

Description:
This was one of my favorite things to eat as a child. Whenever I make it now and take it anywhere -- dinner parties, work, our home -- the bowl looks like it has been licked clean! :) It's yummy!

Ingredients:
3 beaten egg YOLKS
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tbs flour
1 cup sugar
1 can Pineapple Tidbits (not crushed)
1 cup Acini-De-Pepe Macaroni
1 8 oz tub cool whip
1 cup miniature marshmellows

Directions:
Cook syrup mixture until thick:
3 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tbs flour
1 cup sugar
Juice from the can of pineapple tidbits

Let cool completely

Boil:
1 cup macaroni (cook until tender and then drain)

Mix cooled macaroni and pineapple tidbits.
Pour cooled syrup mixture over the macaroni and pineapple

Mix in:
1 - 8 oz cool whip (you can get the fat free kind -- it doesn't make any difference)
1 cup miniature marshmellows

Number Of Servings:Not sure -- it makes enough for 4-6 large servings. It never stays in our house long enough to know

Preparation Time:It takes a while to let the syrup cool -- but let it cool completely. The rest takes a few minutes