Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Goodnight Moon



Since their almost infancy this book has been a favorite of Max and Madeleine. We have two copies. Due to my post partum haze I cannot for the life of me remember who gave them to us but thank goodness they did. It is a book that never seems to get 'old'. Certainly the twins have other favorites: Max's current fav is Hop on Pop by Dr. Suess. Madeleine is partial to the Good Dog Carl books by Alexandra Day. We love books that label things, Richard Scarry being another preferred. However, no matter what the current number one is we always go back to Goodnight Moon.

The Ms almost have GNM memorized. I do have it memorized. We are now getting to the point that they can finish the lines. "In the great green room there was a telephone and a red ______ (balloon) and a picture of a cow jumping over the ______ (moon)". The cutest thing is that when we get to the "old lady whispering hush" both kids know to whisper "hush".

Today Max surprised me, as Madeleine is better at this game than him. I read, "A comb and a brush and a bowl full of _____" it is suppose to be 'mush' but Max said, "juice". Ha Ha! which makes waaaayyy more sense to a 19 month old in the 21st century than mush.

The kids are trying to nap now. I just went in and check on them and Max is literally hugging his copy of GNM. I love that my kids love books. I love that they see the value in them and that they are growing up knowing classic text (even if it is Dr. Suess).








1 comment:

Sarah said...

The Princess is on a Dr Seuss kick - I really enjoy Dr Seuss. I love the rhymey nonsensical fun of it all. We also love the Olivia books.