Monday, May 14, 2007

Madeleine and Max

A blog for my babies!

After waiting for many years (actually my whole life!) I received the most precious gift anyone can ask for. Max and Madeleine arrived 6 weeks early on June 22nd 2006. After three weeks of hospitalized bedrest Madeleine decided she had had enough of all that monitoring and swimming with her brother and her sac broke.

It was 3:45 am when I woke to a splash! I called the nurse and then Michael. Indeed, the babies were ready to come out. Dr. Kimelman and Michael both came to the hospital ready to meet our babes. Of course, Michael first made a pot of coffee and took a shower- after all, it was going to be a long day!

Max was born at 5:59 am. Dr. K said in a cheering voice, "oooh, Niki, he's big!" and then "Hello Sweetheart!" Hearing him cry upon arrival was the sweetest sound in the world. After they cleaned him up and wrapped him Michael held him and we cried. He brought Maxy to me and I was able to kiss his precious face. So sweet.

Madeleine was born one minute later. She was having some difficulty breathing so I didn't get to see her right away. Later Michael would describe her long blonde hair and beautiful chubby face.

The babies weighed 5 pounds 6 ounces each. They were healthy and robust. I fell in love.

No comments: