Wednesday, January 9, 2008

gym update

You are wondering how the gym is going, right? You want to know if I have stuck to my new year's resolution and used that damn membership I bought.

Yes, it is being used and I am a happier person.

I have gone nearly everyday since I first signed up (minus this past Sunday-Tuesday when I was inflicted by the most annoying cold).

I continue to have a love affair with the treadmill.

My ipod is broken (grrrr....) but I can still listen to music with my radio or watch tv with my headphones. I hope to have it fixed soon or I'll get another one.

I have complimented by the manager of the gym today when he said he has noticed me coming all the time and I look happier, he could tell by the expression on my face. :)

I don't want to jinx myself with this but I have seemed to have gotten rid of four pounds since the new year.

On the down note- my shins are killing me and I am reminded of how one needs to build up tolerance to running. I may be overdoing it since it has been so long since I have followed my running routine but I just love it too much to slow down.

2 comments:

Winbrooke said...

GOOD FOR YOU! and 4lbs! That is GREAT! really really great. you go Girl! how nice of the gym manager to say something to you. I like that kind of validation :)

Jenna said...

run a few miles for me!!! Way to go, I lack motivation!You continue to amaze me!