Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Goodbye 2007- so long.

I've been working on this post for a few days now. I was trying to find a way of summing up 2007: a year in pictures, perhaps, a detailed acount of all our events, but nothing was working for me.

Here's the truth. I'm happy that 2007 is behind us. It wasn't a very good year for me. It was full of anxiety and emotional pain. I'm happier to look forward to the future, to look forward to 2008.

Max and Madeleine continue to amaze me as they complete their second year of life. Physically they have so much more control of their bodies. They walk better, they run, they climb, they try to jump and they know what they want! Socially they are growing as well, as they learn to talk and communicate better. I cannot keep up with their new words- there are so many! In addition, they repeat everything, or at least they try to. They are playing together more too. It is wonderful to see them take each others' hands to do 'row row row your boat'. They make Michael and I (and each other) laugh everyday!

I'm so thankful for all of the people who have helped us navigate this journey so far. We so appreciate those who have offered love, support and care for our family. For all of our visitors and helpers throughout our difficult summer we offer thanks to you Grandma Bobbie, Grandpa Gordy, Grandpa Dave and Melissa, Auntie Paula, Auntie Martha and Uncle Ted, Jenna, Jessica, Brooke and everyone else. We are so thankful for your love and help.

We feel so blessed to have the medical team that we do who care for our kids. Thank you Dr. Passloff, Dr. Mosca, Nurse Sue, Prosthetist Greg, and physical therapist Cathy, your knowledge and care has been invaluable, we feel so fortunate to be close to Seattle Children's where we know we will be taken care of.

For 2008 we wish for health and happiness to all of our friends and family.

For me, I'm excited to see Madeleine and Max grow into the people they are and will become.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

jenna said...

2007 was so emotional and hard, im glad it is behind us. im also thankful for our frienship, we have grown so much together. heres to a fabulous 2008!