Monday, June 21, 2010

Letter to Max on His Fourth Birthday

Dear Max,
It was four years ago when you came into this world. I remember that early morning like it was yesterday. I remember the fear that ran through me as I wondered if you would be okay coming out so early. I heard your cry and relief rushed through me from my head to my toes. I was amazed at the beautiful little boy in front of me. It was like I knew what you would look like all along! It wasn't as much of a surprise as I thought; you looked just like your mommy and daddy! You relaxed under the heat lights while you waited for your sister. It was like you were ready for the world to know you, so beautiful, so perfect.

You are now the boy I always wish I had. You are playful and sincere, smart and enthusiastic. You love music and now when you make up your own songs they rhyme and have rhythm. Daddy and I are so proud of you. I know that you feel music in a very special way and you communicate your feelings and thoughts through music.

Just like a typical boy you love superheroes! You think about the epic battle of good versus evil (or eavnal, the way you say it). And yet you are still aware that it is not okay to hurt others and you know that weapons do that and we do not play with weapons in our family. I will hold onto this memory tightly as I know that one day you will challenge what I say but for now you are satisfied.

Your favorites:
Toys= stuffies (especially Coco), superhero action figures, trucks (fire trucks, ambulances)
Superhero= Ironman
TV shows= Kipper, Yo Gabba Gabba, Sesame Street
Movie= Shrek, Elf
What you want to be when you grow up: Doctor, Ambulance Driver, Tire Repair Man (anyone who wears gloves)
Places to go: Arboretum with Daddy, Zoo, Science Center
Pretending to be: Dog, Robot, Superhero
Music: Justin Roberts, Caspar Babypants, The Beatles
Food: Sushi, Yogurt, Candy (any!), Corndogs, all fruits (peaches, apricots, grapes, plums)

I love you sweet boy, you are my world.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: